Packing for Camping and Hiking
History helps us uncover the trace of the contemporary backpack. The idea of carrying tools and supplies on our backs is not a modern idea by any stretch of the imagination.
From the ancient days, people have been transporting stuff from place to place on their backs using bamboos woven huts and frames attached to their backs, most specifically Africans and Native American until today in a
Because that exercise was often challenging, particularly for hikers, pack technology worked hard to reach the point of what is known in the modern world as backpacks
History reveals a steady evolution of the backpack from the ancient ages. The original backpack is claimed to be used by Ötzi the Iceman in ancient Egypt.
Nevertheless, over time the backpack developed to an indispensable component of men activities from hiking, explorations, to military warfare, and to the classroom
The first to patent the idea of a backpack-like device in the western world was Lloyd Nelson, also denoted as the father of the outdoor sporting industry. He got his idea when he discovered and used Inuit packs used while hiking in Alaska. That patent was filed in 1922. And then, numerous incidences of similar packs came up, mostly in the military world
What is a backpack? According to the Cambridge English Dictionary defines a backpack as “a bag carried on the back, usually of cloth with many pockets and straps that go over your shoulders, used to carry things.”
A backpack can also be called bookbag, knapsack, rucksack, rucksack, pack, Sackpack or backsack, a backpack.
From its origin, a backpack is in its natural frameless form, a cloth sack carried on one’s back and secured with two straps that go over the shoulders.
However, a backpack can have an external frame, internal frame, and there are bodypacks. A backpack has straps and pockets. It can be waterproof, made of a water-resistant material for
- Sleeve for laptop or IPad: Most people are inseparable to their electronic devices. Most backpacks contain subsets or pockets for IPad.
- Handles: Most backpacks have handled to decrease the weight of heavy items such as books
- Wheels: Upright backpacks usually have wheels on the back. It can roll on the floor
- Shoulder straps: They are made in various sizes. They can also be adjusted conveniently for proper fit. Depending on the of the backpack, they can be tied lengthwise the shoulders or across the abdominal.
Various aspects to consider when buying a backpack:
- The size of the backpack
- The purpose of the backpack
- Best fit for genders and age groups
- Weight capacity of the backpack
- Price Vs Quality
- The length
- Other customers reviews
Benefits of Using Backpacks
Backpacks are extremely versatile and exceptional for traveling, going camping, or simpling during daily activities.
They come in different sizes, small, medium, and big. The size choice is based on the age of the individual using it and the purpose of the bag.
Backpack lovers mostly own a couple of assorted units. Smaller sizes are fit for work or day trips, while medium and larger sizes are suitable for weekend
adventures or long stretches of travel.
A backpack is very convenient because your hands are free to maintain your equilibrium and stability, allowing you to move around freely.
Buying good quality backpacks is a good investment Invest. They will serve you for different purposes and make your life incredibly easy. You will certainly be
Compared to suitcases, backpacks are easy to handle. They save time and energy and are comfortable for transport.
Backpacks multiple compartments allow accommodating basic items such as passport, wallets, cell phones, bottles of waters, and snacks and much more. Backpacks are well organized.
A backpack is an ideal solution for the security of your belongings. Most importantly, some backpacks are waterproof for the protection of papers, clothes, and electronics.
Backpacks can be carried a long time without a feeling of discomfort.
Health Benefits of a Backpack
The Right BackPack:
All backpacks are not the same. Therefore, not all of them are suited to lessen pain caused by heavy loads. The following features in the choice of a backpack can considerably help minimize pain
- Wide, padded and adjustable shoulder straps
- Cushioned back, mostly in the lower back area
- Adjustable Chest and waist straps to help restructure weight
- Various compartments for effective redistribution of weight
- Backpack with Lightweight fabric
- Wheels, depending on the environment (Keck Medecine, 2018)
Even with the right backpack, you can still hurt you back and spine. The reason is that the weight of the backpack is a major factor. Common packing tips help manage that effectively.
- 25 pounds should be the highest weight
- The heaviest items must be nearest to the back
- Pack necessary items only to avoid added weight
- Use the various compartments to evenly distribute weight, avoid overpacking (Keck Medecine, 2018).
Wear your backpack right:
Backpack basic safety is imperative for all. Backpacks are generally helpful for transporting lots of items.
The following steps help you handle your and wear your backpack right:
- Make sure to put on both straps.
- Adapt the straps for a comfortable fit, fairly over the middle and below the base of your skull.
- Also, walk straight when carrying your backpack. If you feel the need to bend forward, that means the weight it is too much.
- When lifting your backpack, use your legs to prevent back strain Backpacks are amazingly suitable. The recommendation above helps avoid unwanted back and spine harm (Keck Medecine, 2018).
Backpack, Our Travel Companion:
Backpacks for traveling are tremendously trendy. They are extremely useful for a short or long trip, as well as for hiking activities. If you love traveling like me, then you cannot ignore a backpack. It is inevitably the number one needed piece of gear to get started on your trip!
Your backpack will be your faithful attendant at any moment of your trip. Please, make sure to get the right one you love, treat yourself. To make sure you get the right backpack, take time into the search. The outcome of your homework is a trip free of aching shoulders.